University of Washington Tacoma
General R Resources:
- UW CSSS508: My University of Washington Introduction to R course which forms the basis for this workshop. All content including lecture videos are freely available.
- R for Data Science online textbook by Garrett Grolemund and Hadley Wickham. One of many good R texts available, but importantly it is free and focuses on the
tidyverse collection of R packages which are the modern standard for data manipulation and visualization in R.
- Advanced R online textbook by Hadley Wickham. A great source for more in-depth and advanced R programming.
- DataCamp: A source for interactive R tutorials (some free of charge).
swirl: Interactive tutorials inside R.
- Useful RStudio cheatsheets on R Markdown, RStudio shortcuts, etc.
- Code style guide for writing functions, etc.
- Good Enough Practices in Scientific Computing: From abstract, “This paper presents a set of good computing practices that every researcher can adopt, regardless of their current level of computational skill.”
Importing and Exporting Data